Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Small change

Hey ladies-
So I was looking at the receipe for poppy seed chicken and it looked like it was horribly unhealthy, so I taked it over with a couple of the other girls in our group and I decided to make a few changes. It mostly the same kind of dish- chicken with rice, but instead of the heavy poppy seed sauce with buttery crackers on top, it's a similar, low fat sauce with capers. It's actually Kelly's receipe, so if it tastes wonderful, she gets the credit, if it's bad- then you can totally blame my cooking...haha. So the sauce has cream of chicken soup, low fat sour cream and skim milk in it with capers and some salt and pepper. It should cook for similar times as other dishes- 375 for about a hour. But that's just a guess, because I've never made this before, or frozen it before. I hope the change is okay with you guys, if not, let me know and I'll put together a poppy seed chicken just for you- sorry about the late notice.... see you all at the trade!

1 comment:

  1. I am all for healthier options. In fact, Keri and I were just talking about beefing up the veggies in some of the dishes. So, for anyone else who sees changes in the recipes, go ahead and edit the recipe posts as well!! yeah for healthy!!

    ReplyDelete